Feb 25, 2019

Anglesea Cliffs



First painting in my new travel series. "Anglesea Cliffs" is mixed media on paper. 24 x 32 cm

Bob, Honey and I are travelling along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia. It's high summer, and the crowds are gone; a fabulous time to explore the lower edge of Australia.
I'm not painting plein air, but I am painting "on location". That means that I explore the landscape with a camera, and draw or paint from my best shot when I get back to our motorhome.
Plein air has become difficult, as I'm so busy caring for Bob, and dealing with the touring side. With this 'location' method, I feel that the inspiration is fresh and I am keen to get the paints out, in the comfort of my air conditioned travelling 'studio', aka motorhome, at night after the jobs are done.