Oct 27, 2011

Work in progress


Hello friends.
I have been neglecting to write in my blog, and so I thought I should post a pic of one of my new works. This is about 3ft x 2ft, and has been quite a challenge. I have been doing small sketchy daily watercolor paintings for many months, and I found that returning to large oil-on-canvas very difficult.
My medium was wrong, my paint brushes were thick and clumsy... it almost hit the bin one night!
Now, although I have some refining to do, I am happy enough with it.
When finished I'll upload a replacement pic.
Feels good to be back... :)
(and apologies to anyone who is following me on Twitter: as I spend too much time there, and tend to rant a lot, especially about our local politics... and only occasionally about art.)

Stage 15 Mountains

Sometimes the scenery becomes the star of the show!  One of the main reasons TDF is so popular is those rolling hills! This was 3...